Sunday, May 14, 2006

Transplants and roots


It's the time of year for warming and greening. THANK GOD!!!

Which means it's time for the optimistic activity of transplanting tender young plants. Coaxing them out of their protective homes, easing apart the cobweb of white roots, and placing them in their new home with a little extra potting soil and a blessing.

This year as I do this, I am struck by the fact that as this spring ritual helps ground and refresh me, three friends are also being transplanted. They've been coaxed away from the places they've been grounded, and their roots, too, are being stretched.

My blessing for these three tender transplants are that the new ground they find themselves in will be fertile soil for them. I pray that their roots will find ample room and nourishment, and that the transplanting will be life-giving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home